We decided in 2018 to recommend managed WordPress hosting from 34SP.com.
What’s more our website maintenance packages are only available to clients with websites hosting by 34SP.com.
Why did we decided to do this?
In short we felt this was the best managed WordPress hosting available at this truly competitive price point. In addition, having our clients sites hosted with 34SP.com allows us to add more value to the aforementioned maintenance packages, because they take care of some of the tasks we were managing manually.
The other reasons are listed below:
- One-click staging environment – want to try something out on your site, without doing this on the live site? No problem. We’ll create a staging site for you at the flick of a switch
- Automated WordPress core and plugin updates – the hosts will take care of these essential updates. If these are not updated regularly, your website is more open to brute force attacks
- More secure – we believe your site will be more secure with this hosting package, and you won’t need additional security plugins. If for any reason your website is compromised, we’ll restore one of the backups
- Faster sites – this host will take care of caching server-side, so there’s no need to install caching plugins
- Great support – should there be any issues 34SP.com will be there seven days a week, from 8 – 8pm to support you
- Daily backups – should your website be compromised, you can choose from 1 of 30 backups to ensure you don’t lose any content you might have created
- 99.99% uptime – if you experience downtime greater than this, they’ll look to credit your account as per their service level agreement
- Reduced admin and GDPR compliance – the hosting will be in your name and you’ll pay 34SP.com monthly. We’d then ask you to add us as a technical contact. This way we don’t hold any data about your site at any time, which is good procedure post-GDPR.
- Free website and email migrations – which we’ll take care of for you, assuming we’ve been added as a technical contact, the website migration is straight forward (i.e. not a multi-site, not sharing a database with another site) and your emails are set up for IMAP.
- Free HTTPS certificates – 34SP.com support the free Let’s Encrypt certificates, and as such will manage the migration to HTTPS for you as part of the process. We can look after all the post-migration tasks for you .
- First month hosting free – we’ll provide you with a discount code for you to add on checkout.
What we’ll need from you to manage the migration
- We’ll need your current website and hosting credentials, specifically ftp, WordPress admin and database usernames and passwords. In addition we’ll need the details for any email addresses you want us to migrate for you. Finally we’ll need access to where your domain is registered. If you do not want to provide this access, we’ll advise you what to do when required. Here’s a full list of the credentials we need to manage the migration
- Open an account with 34SP.com, purchase the hosting and add us as a technical contact (using this email address email@example.com)
- When advised we’ll ask you to check the site on a server local to the hosts before we complete the migration to the new hosting account. You’ll need to edit the host file to be able to do this. You can follow the step-by-steps on the previous link and we’ll provide the rest of the info you need. We’ll also take a look at the site
- Update name servers where your domain is registered, if you’ve not provided access.
What we’ll do
- Manage the migration process from start to finish – you should be aware this can take up to 5 days and you should allow for some downtime during this period
- Add any redirects that may have been added to the .htaccess file, to a Redirects plugin.