We offer four consultancy options:
- a free 15-minute phone call
- two-hour, one-to-one, face-to-face Introduction to SEO workshops
- half day SEO workshops focusing on a specific area, including keyword research, local SEO and Google Analytics
- follow up consultations.
Until recently we ran SEO clinics, where we offered three website owners a free 45-minute SEO consultation on the last Friday of the month. However we felt format was not sustainable, for reasons explained in this article, so whilst we still offer 15-minute free consultations over the phone, towards the end of 2016 we launched a new workshop, An introduction to SEO: Are you ready to be found? which is two hours long and costs £50 plus booking fee.
Follow up consultations
There’s only so much you can achieve in two hours! That’s why we offer follow up consultations, either face-to-face or remotely.
We are committed to delivering value. As such, like our workshops (which we prepare for thoroughly in advance), we will send you some questions ahead of the consultation to understand short and long term objectives, as well as consideration to key performance indicators (KPIs).
Consultations are available on request and are charged at £270 for a half day or £425 per day – which includes two hours preparation in advance. Terms and conditions apply and are detailed towards the bottom of this page.
What can you expect?
I’m afraid we can’t promise to get you on the first page of Google like some SEO ‘experts’ might.
We will be looking to deliver SEO insight based on best practice and a list of practical solutions which can be used to improve your presence and/or the position of your content on the search engine results pages. And we’ll first look to demonstrate how the results of any work completed could be measured.
Ahead of your consultation you will have received and responded to a number of questions to help us understand more about your business and the issues you’re facing. We will use this to prepare for your session. In the session itself we’ll provide some background about SEO pitched to your level of understanding. We’ll then go on to provide some feedback on our review on your site which will largely fall into the following areas; on-page optimisation, keyword research and backlinks – where we’ll look to provide some general insight about how your content is performing and where improvements could be made.
If you decide to sign up for a follow up consultation or consultations we’ll first look to establish your objectives for the session(s). It’s likely we’ll ask for access to some of the data that’s hopefully been collected about your website to make more informed and thorough recommendations, and spend some time assessing other factors that influence SEO, including your site performance, community building and if relevant, local SEO.
How do we do this?
We look to provide insight based on data collected through tools including Google Analytics and the Google Search Console, as well as link building and competitor bench-marking software.
It’s likely we will introduce the concept of keyword research and explain how you can use the Google Keyword Planner to identify opportunities and how best to optimise your content.
But what do we know? We’ve been in the business since 2012 and we dedicate time to keeping up to date with latest trends and developments in SEO by attending conferences, following SEO experts and practitioners, writing about the subject and doing a lot of reading.
What about getting the work done after the consultations?
We will provide an estimate for any recommended actions resulting from the consultations, based on us carrying out the work or through training so you can do it yourselves. The starting point is usually a thorough SEO audit.
As such part of the consultation will be set up to discuss implementation of any work agreed so as to provide the most accurate and appropriate estimate.
Terms & conditions
- Consultation time can be purchased in blocks, either half a day (4 hours – plus 2 hours prep) a day (8 hours – plus 2) or combinations of the two. It is expected that the miniumum length of time for any consultation would be 4 hours, if the consultee wishes to reduce the length of a session further then that would need to be agreed in advance.
- The fee mentioned is for one person attending the consultation. You are welcome to invite additional people to attend but would have to pay a £10 per hour supplement for each, up to a maximum of four people in all. If you want to invite more than three other people we will need to organise a group SEO training session.
- If the consultations are face-to-face it is assumed they will take place in Haywards Heath, either at the Basepoint Business Centre in Haywards Heath or our home office. We are prepared to travel to your premises, but would expect travel expenses to be covered.
- We will invoice you for 30% of the cost of a consultation, which we expect to be paid at least seven days in advance, with the outstanding amount invoiced after the session (and paid within 15 days).
- The consultee will be expected to give notice of at least 48 hours if they cannot attend their consultation for any reason. If they advise that they cannot make a session at least 48 hours before the event and are unable to reschedule the session we will provide a full refund. If they provide less than 48 hours notice then the 30% they have paid is non-refundable.
- If all the consultation time isn’t required then it can be transferred and used for implementation of SEO tasks.