The main thing we learnt was that the format was not sustainable and that’s why we’re relaunching them today!
So what was the issue?
45 minutes was not long enough to cover anything in any detail. We could only scratch the surface of a handful of topics and as such these consultations – in our eyes – were a little sprawling and unfocused.
We’ve thought hard about the solution and think we’ve got to it.
What’s the plan?
- Paid, not free – we’re not hiding this one away. We’ve decided to introduce a fee for these workshops to cover the room hire and a charitable donation – our time is still free. We believe a charge of £50 per consultation, payable in advance, will also reduce the number of instances where someone has registered but pulls out at the last minute
- Longer sessions – each workshop lasts two hours
- Better focus – we’ve designed a workshop which is focused on ensuring your business is ready for SEO. This will cover important topics including keywords, Google Analytics and competitor benchmarking – and provide insight into the things you must have in place before you can realistically start thinking about starting an SEO campaign
- Thorough preparation – we’ve reviewed how we prepare for these sessions to ensure we make the most of the time available
What can you expect?
- Two hours dedicated time to discuss SEO and your business with an SEO expert (topics below) – and the opportunity to ask any burning questions
- Opportunity for you to invite another person to the session – a note-taker perhaps?
- To choose which one of the three nominated charities you would like to make a donation to (we’ll send you confirmation when we’ve done it)
- A follow up email after the session – and the opportunity to ask further questions
- The Basepoint Business Centre in Haywards Heath will provide a comfortable environment in which to talk
- Free parking and tea/coffee
Workshop name: An introduction to SEO: are you ready to be found?
Duration: 2 hours
Cost: £50 (plus booking fee)
Dates: Go to our Eventbrite page
The topics you can expect us to cover will include:
- What is SEO in 2016?
- What qualities and resources are required to master SEO?
- Objectives, goals, KPIs and the power of Google Analytics
- The Google Search Console
- Your Google My Business listing and local SEO
- Semantic search, keywords/topics and keyword generation
- Ensuring your website and content are created for search
- Link building
What we’d expect?
SEO requires commitment. As such we’d expect you to arrive with plenty of time to spare just in case the free parking spaces are not available and you need to find an alternative. We’ve allocated two hours to each session and will need all of it to cover everything.
We’ll also ask you some questions in advance which we’d require your thoughts on up to two weeks in advance of the session – so we can prepare. We’ll also detail the data it would be useful to access on the day. If you can bring a laptop to the session this will make the demonstrations much easier.
We’d also like to take your photo for publicity – and we’re likely to write a blog post reviewing the day which you’ll be able to read before we promote. If you’d prefer to remain anonymous that’s fine too, just let us know.
What we’d like?
If you don’t ask you don’t get right?
We were hugely grateful for the testimonials we received on our Google My Business page following the SEO consultations we held at The Birch Hotel. We’ll provide a link to this page after the session so you can add your own if you felt we deserved it.
If you know of any businesses that could benefit from attending this consultation we’d be extremely grateful if you could pass on our details.
And finally – this session is just the tip of the iceberg. We will launch follow up 1-2-1 and small group SEO training sessions shortly – watch this space.